Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Too Good To Be Truman Book Review

This is a great read if you're wanting something that is funny with a touch of revenge against the arrogant.  Go to Amazon.com for a complete description of the book.  I was sent a copy by Chris Well for a fair and honest review.  The following is that review.  Thank you, Chris, for the book.  I look forward to the next one.

I enjoyed the story about this troubled newspaper columnist. The situations that were thrust upon him were very laughable. In the beginning of the book, I tired quickly of the predictable dialogue. But either the dialogue got better or I didn't mind it so much. If you like stories where revenge is played out against the arrogant, then you will enjoy this book. I enjoy mysteries and I enjoy humor. Though the humor here is mostly slapstick, that's ok. I'm a product of the 50's and 60's. When I first started reading this book, I was reminded of Sgt. Friday on Dragnet (The dialogue was just as corny there, too). Lately, I've been very disappointed in Kindle books. They either don't translate well from the paper version of the book or editing is hitting a new low. I will stop reading a book if there are too many errors. In this book, however, I think I only found a couple of errors. There was a missing word in the last chapter. That's what being a slow reader will do for you. All the errors jump out at you. All in all, this book was an enjoyable, easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment