Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Quilt Samples Done with Zentangle®

You will find the rest of the samples of Zentangle® done on blocks for quilting below.  These blocks could easily be incorporated into a larger quilt. Most of the blocks are 13.5" x 14.5".

Apples are such fun to do.  I love the apple fabric that goes with these apples.  Can you name the tangles?

These birdies would make a great table runner.  This piece measures 20" x 13.5".




These cherries are from Michigan.  They demonstrate how you can use fabric markers to enhance your creation.
Where is my cherry pie?

Owls seem to be the cool thing now.  I do believe my little fellow looks pretty smart.
We have another bird that will help you get up in the morning ~~ Mr Rooster
 He measures 18" x 18".
He's trying very hard to get to the edge to get some of that corn.

Valentine's Day is coming sooner than you might think.  But with this piece, you'd be prepared.
Not only did I use freehand stitching, but I also explored using the fancy stitches on my machine as part of the Zentangle patterns. This piece measures 18" x 18".

My favorite of all is my Zendala,
A Zendala is a mandala done with Zentangle.
This piece measures 26.5" x 26.5". It illustrates how the use of black fabric markers can enhance the Zendala.  Gray fabric markers are used to add shading to give it the needed depth.

1 comment: